View Single Post
Old 07-19-13, 09:40 AM
coldwaves

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragoscscc
Looking for some help narrowing down a clicking sound.

It's coming from the right pedal, on the down stroke. As soon as I stop putting pressure on the pedal I get the click. I could be 1/3 of the way on the down stroke or my foot extended all the way. The click happens when I let off. It happens regardless if I'm in or out of the seat or if I grab onto the handle bars or not. It also doesn't take a lot of pressure to get it to click, could be pedaling lightly and it still does it.

Tried swapping the right pedal with a spare, no fix. Re-torqued the stack bolts and crank bolts, no fix. (Haven't got around to checking the bottom bracket yet). I was thinking of the rear cassette or free hub in the back, but then the clicking would happen with the right or left pedal.

Any other ideas for a quick fix?

Thanks

D
It could be your bottom bracket. Since you changed pedal and tight everything and it does not fix it, I feel it is not likely a pedal issue. It could be the bearing problem in the bottom bracket. Or maybe just not enough grease in the thread (if it is a threaded bottom bracket) or bearings. If you have ridden in the rain, this might be very possible.