View Single Post
Old 07-19-13, 03:27 PM
apollored

Bikes: Apollo Revival Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Went to Harlech intending to ride to Barmouth and then Bennar Beach about 20 miles in total.

But it was 28 C and pretty humid so we wimped out and just rode to the beach instead prob rode about 5/6 miles in total.

Beach was worth it tho, nice surface to walk on tho it was hard to ride on in places, very deep sand which I tried to ride in a relaxed and light way but still dug in.

Funnily enough the area of firm sand we rode on coming onto the beach was very soft coming back which we couldnt fathom out.

Thought if the sun was very hot it would be firmer but no we dug in seriously and had to walk most of the beach till we could ride again.

And as the tide was only just coming in, it wasnt very deep so could sit in the water tho swimming was tricky lol.

On the way back I pepped up the pace as we had to rush back and had a 2 and half hour drive home.

Had not been feeling good on the way but after the beach had renewed energy to ride strongly tho my mate struggled to keep up. There was one hill which I took one look at and stopped and walked up which in hindsight we could have ridden up if had just kept going but they werent very steep or long.

Well deserved cold drinks and ice cream after, then trying to keep the driver awake on the way back lol.

Had a break at a bison farm and restaurant on the way back

Not to eat tho lol

http://www.rhug.co.uk/

Last edited by apollored; 07-19-13 at 03:34 PM.