View Single Post
Old 07-21-13, 04:16 PM
Giacomo 1 

Bikes: Colnago Super, Basso Gap, Pogliaghi, Fabio Barecci, Torelli Pista, Miyata 1400A

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Kudos To NBC SportsNetwork!

I know this won't be a popular thread to many BF members, but I for one think that NBC really got it right this Tour.

Their coverage of the Tour was spot-on and really comprehensive. I didn't miss one stage because they pretty much suspended their regular programming to bring us the Tour both live and in tape delay nearly 24/7. Their announcing team was very good to. Phil and Paul were there usual classy selves, and Harris anchored the whole thing very well, while Bobke was his funny and interesting self. Steve Perino added a lot of interest from the back of the motorcycle to.

While I know the helicopter shots were provided by French TV, they used it very well so we could really see the beauty of the country.

Now if they could only bring this type of coverage for some of the classics they cover, and steal away the Giro and Veulta from Universal, who nobody seems to get anymore, cycling might become more than just a niche sport. Maybe it's time for us fans to let NBC know they got it right, so we can see more cycling in the future....