Old 07-21-13, 09:56 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Does it not stand to reason that you would like bibs made by the folks whose shorts you like and have been wearing? If the shorts you like are reasonably priced by your standards, shouldn't the bibs be also. What is the mystery?

Having said all that, I am very interested in what benefit you are hoping to achieve from bibs vs. shorts in the middle of summer. Exactly what are your shorts not doing for you that will make the extra insulation provided by bibs tolerable? Unless you don't even wear cycling shorts at this point and are jumping in whole hog to bibs. I know I am in the minority, but for the life of me I do not get bibs. Chalk it up to the Houston climate perhaps. But also if shorts are sized right, the waist band doesn't bind. You don't have to take off your jersey to pull shorts down and relieve yourself. I am at a loss to understand the overwhelming movement in just the last few years to bibs. They were unknown just a few years ago. Now it seems no one wants anything else. Maybe it is peloton envy. Go figure.