Old 07-22-13, 12:03 PM
Rich Gibson 

Bikes: Fuji Rubaix 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dudelsack
I'll send you my GoPro if you promise to do that ride again and tape it.
No thanks but I scared myself again today. I toured the outer limits of our neighborhood and finally went back on the sidewalk coming down Wakefield Chapel road...the asphalt was really bumpy and cracked running along my wheels' path. That went fine until near the bottom of the hill. The sidewalk turned into a hard gravel foot path. The front tires went sliding to the right and left. A woman walking along in front of me must have heard the crunching of the tires and looked around. Apparently the sight of an old geezer with a look of terror on his face prompted her to step back off the path. Thank you! Thank you! The path back home followed a major road. Fortunately it was asphalt paved but really steep. I was in my lowest gear peddling like mad barely making way when I stalled. I had to walk the bike to the top of the hill, but no one saw, thank goodness!

This is so much fun. I need to change the stem to a greater angle to get my hands up higher; my fingers in my right hand go numb..it's just a circulation peculiarity of my right hand.

Yes, I have a smartphone. I keep it in the pouch under/behind my seat. I'm struggling with the darn Bontranger Node 1.1. Couldn't get it to start today. I thought I had it figured out. Darn.