Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erthwerm
I have two responses for you.

One's nice:
"Hi,

"Thanks for checking up on me. This is not the complete lock setup. At All. I also have a Kryptonite New York U-Lock for the rear tire, a saddle lock, and an auxiliary thick cable lock going through both wheels. This is just a "photo shoot" in my secured building. I didn't want to take a picture with all the locks, but had started locking up my bike and was too lazy to undue the big fat chain.

"Once again, I do want to thank you for reminding me to not get complacent, but this is most certainly not the case here, as I usually have the most (and best quality) locks of any bike within the vicinity of where I lock up."

and the second one is this:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to use "face palm" as though you were mocking me. You are not where I am, have not the knowledge of my surroundings, nor the knowledge of which locks I own and use on a daily basis. Quite frankly, I find your impulse control to be lacking and your sense of community to be downright embarrassing. This is an online community for us to share and grow, and for you to get aggressive with the "new guy" is -- for lack of a better word -- childish.

I want it to be made known that I am not trying to be defensive here, at all. I hope this serves as a reminder for you to brush up on your friendly and welcoming nature as an (I assume) moderator and also for proper etiquette.
i think you should have read a few threads before joining. if you did you would have known that's pretty much how we roll here. htfu

not trying to be mean. just speaking truth.

welcome.