Old 07-31-13, 09:44 AM
Pibber

Bikes: cannondales 84 ST500; 87SR500; 95 CAAD 3 Silk Road 500; 99 CAAD 3 Frameset(project)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i wish it was still up, but i ran across an ad for a masi cx http://www.masibikes.com/bikes/competition/cx-2013. the guy on CL was trying to sell the bike for $100 more than retail. i emailed him a link for the bike and he tries to tell me it's a different bike. it was the same bike, clearly. i was reasonable and asked that he at least post the bike at retail OBO.

he flipped out. tells me i don't know who i'm dealing with, what kind of trouble i'm about to be in, he knows people. i told him i know exactly who he is because his email was complete with his full name, cell phone #, business name and address. i couldn't believe this guy was so stupid as to try to scam people and use his business email for transactions.

i posted part of his cell number on cl. he quickly changed the ad. he ran the ad for at least a couple more weeks, i think. i saw another ad posted on cl about it being a scam and then the ad disappeared. he's actually connected to a bike shop in the area, too. i definitely won't be shopping there.