Old 09-18-05, 07:22 AM
Alii7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cycling position/ weight in saddle/ bike fit (for girl)

I am hoping to buy a hybrid and have tried the ridgeback comet which seems pretty good. I am stuck regarding which size to get (between 2) and I think thats partly to do with that I am not sure what my body position is suppost to be. One guy at the shop was getting technical and the other said it doesnt matter as long as you are comfortable (although how far do you need to ride to know if its comfortable?). I am not sure if I am suppost to be rotating my pelvis forward a bit and whether it will cause discomfort in my nether regions ( i am a girl!)? I have seen saddles with the centre cut out. Is that to allow you to get pelvis into correct position without discomfort? Should my weight be going there?

A bit of background info... I have not cycled for a long time and my last cheap halfords bike gave me neck/back pain. I am 6'1", 36" inside leg, so am looking at mens bikes to get the large/XL frame size. I will be riding on roads/cylce routes and maybe doing half hour per night and longer half day rides at weekends to start with to get fit.

please help! thanks in advance.