View Single Post
Old 08-03-13, 09:54 PM
BigJeff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe Minton
I, too, am a Clyde (6'1", 235#). I am 72 yrs old and just back on a bike after 30 years. I have spent hundreds of dollars on seats trying to get rid of the pain at the front of my perineum. The answer for me, after many trials, is the ISM (Adamo) Prologue (ismseat.com); it has no nose and is completely comfortable. The Adamo Prologue is the most comfortable seat I have ever used and I reccommend it without reservation. Never had a problem with my sit-bones by the way.

I was a fairly successful club racer 50 years ago and always had trouble with seats. At first I used the ubiquitous Brooks B17 and then settled on the Swallow as being the least painfull. I was young and simply assumed that pain was part of road racing. I was wrong; no person, man or woman, should rest rest his privates on the equivalent of an axe handle.

Now, fifty years later, I am not young, fit, tough or stupid. I have learned to question everything, including traditions and unnecessary discomfort. I also have a normally enlarged prostate gland and that doesn't help. I am told that most any man at fifty or more has this condition. I am also still forty pounds overweight (down from fifty).

When I showed my Adamo to my family doctor, he said: "Hmm, that's kinda obvious isn't it."

Lacumo, I hope this helps you find what you need. I know the Adamo design looks funny, but -- when you're sitting on it no one can see and, if you're like me, you'll feel like sitting on it a lot.

Cheers
Joe
wow... Incredible commentary.

I've seen the ISM in pictures only, I've seen the Selle SMP at a store both seem to take the question of "what is supporting your body" and attempt to find a logical answer for "let's just support THAT.

If you don't have access to one of those wonder saddles, they next step down is to say "ONE WITH LOTS OF FLEX".... After all, everyone knows it isn't about the padding, it is about supporting bones with the least amount of C R U S H.