Old 08-04-13, 07:16 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
I used to deck the old Time pedals all the time, but i've raced in Keo's, all of the newer Time pedals and SPD SL...never hit any of them and I pedal through pretty much every corner. I've ridden Speedplay X's and Zero's...they're fine but nothing spectaular. PITA to walk in and i'm not going to be bothered carrying covers all the time. The pedal/cleat combination isn't that much lighter than the others. They do need maintenance, and the cleats need regular lubrication, but it's pretty easy stuff.
As everyone else has said, there is no one best system. Just like bikes they're all good and people will use what they like. I definitely find the OP to be annoying beyond belief and a huge troll.
Agree with you here...every point you make.
I just don't see how a modern pedal is going to contact the ground before the shoe does. It just doesn't seem like an issue if you remember how to ride a bike properly and don't pedal into crazy tight turns.