ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bauerthis
Where else did you go to make that ride 67 miles? It's usually only around 43. I did 75 with 8900' of climbing today but I had to ride all the way to Acton and through the Angeles National Forest. Just wondering...

I did two circles around Balboa to catch up to one of my friends. Then I went down to my brothers house in North Hollywood. I went to middle school(along time ago) at Walter Reed and I tried to find it. I found it after a few dead ends. I rode around there a bit then headed back toward Magnolia. I hit Magnolia/Hollywood way and then headed up to Riverside. Then I turned left and went all the way down Riverside. I then saw LA Equestrian(sp) center(basicly horse riding area). After that I made a few wrong turns and explored the area. I then headed up and around Griffith. I saw a nice hill(its short but really steep because I had to hold the front down from going up) so I did that for a bit. Then I turned right on some street and then realized it was the wrong way. Headed back and made a right toward Universal City Nissan(bought my car here), this had to be the worst road i've ever ridden on because I thought my fork was going to fall off due to all the bumps. I made a right at the next street and then rode with another roadie for about 20 minutes, turned back and rode up Ventura back toward my house.

There was a pretty huge hill on the way back. I made a mistake by assuming it was going to end so I just started sprinting toward the top, then I realized it turns and heads up again. I just powered through it and made it back.

Worst part is that I ran out of water about 7 miles from my house and I was really thirsty

I was trying to keep a good pace, Everytime Id look down I would see 17-20, my comp gave me 15 as the average so I dont know