View Single Post
Old 08-05-13, 08:18 PM
swwhite

Bikes: Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
End result: A ten-to-thirty-minute video of bad driver behavior, a collection of short clips grouped by city.

Procedure:

Make a web site advertising your efforts.

Make some way for people to send you their clips. Ask for a date and city name to accompany each clip. A clip should long enough to grab interest, short enough not to be boring.

Collect clips and group by city (assuming you get enough).

Assemble the final video.

Put it on your web site and on youtube. See if it takes off.

If the videos show license numbers, all the better unless there is anything illegal about it. Theoretically, since cars have license plates and license plates identify drivers, behaving badly in a car is sort of like behaving badly on foot while wearing a name tag with your home address. I think that people forget that a car is not some sort of cloaking device that shields them from public view. Would people behaved like jerks if they realized that they were doing was on display for all their friends and neighbors to see?

If it doesn't take off, what have you gotten for your efforts? Some video editing skill, maybe some fun if you like that sort of thing. I don't like that sort of thing, so I'm not going to do it.