Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Roll Your Own

Wow, I am always amazed at how sweet it is to roll your own! Meaning to build and ride your own wheels. I built this rear wheel a couple months back and haven't had a chance to ride it. I finally go it out of the second time since then and man was it sweet. Not sure if it's the climbing I've done the last 3 weeks that really made this Sunday's flat ride feel like my bike wanted to fly away.

I built it for my 98 Cannondale CAD3 and did it perform! Such a sweet smooth ride. I usually ride the Madone full carbon but I have to say, I don't see much of a difference in the ride (both have equal wheels). Maybe its the wheels but either way it was a sweet ride. I'm almost tempted to park the Madone and use it for climbing only rides.

The bike, the wheel and the spare front hub. I have to figure out what to do with it as far as a build.

DSC00107A by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

DSC00107 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

IMG_6810 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

As an added feature, Gina just finished crocheting a little poncho for one of our grand daughters. Second one, second grand daughter poncho in 3 weeks. Now she will start working on a third for the daughter. Gina's rolling her own too! I really should teach her how to make wheels instead.

DSC00106 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr