Old 09-18-05, 11:09 PM
poopncow
MADE IN HONG KONG

Bikes: some but not enough

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like the Mech Avids are out of adjustment. However, the quick release should not be that tight nor should it really affect the alignment of the disc on the caliper... unless you are a gorilla. Suggest you go to Avid's site and download the adjustment instructions. Or take it back to the shop for a brake adjustment. Meanwhile if you want to play with it, you might wait to check if there is any light (space) between the disc and the pads. If there is light on one side and none on the other, you can back off the pad that is touching by turning the red adjustment wheel a click or 2 at a time. Believe (please do not quote) that there is suppose to be 1/64 (or metric =) gap between pad and disc on either side (one is suppose to be more than the other but I can't remember). play with the red adjustment wheel and the cable tension until there is no rub or it feels good for you. If you have to turn stuff allot, you may need to recenter the calipers. Please check the Avid site for full instructions as I undoubtedly left stuff out and I tune my Avid mech discs by ear and feel