View Single Post
Old 08-09-13, 10:27 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked 294 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoWheelWonder View Post
This is actually what I've been thinking about. A site somewhat like youtube but with the purpose of focusing on these sort of video clips. I'm just not sure how interested cyclists would be? If you had a web site that had tools in place to track these sort of clips and ensure high quality, would you use it?

Thanks all!
I wondered how long it would take for the camera enthusiasts to experience buyers remorse. Of course there would be disappointment when the $$$ investment in camera equipment failed to produce any measurable change in peace of mind on the road. Duh. But, no, the answer couldn't be to flog that useless equipment on Craigslist so the cash strapped snowboarders and BASE jumpers can document their exploits. No... lets collude in the madness and publish a website where we can out reckless drivers for the good of society. I was thinking yesterday while I was balanced on the white line while three grateful cagers roared past me on the left, about how a lot of you here on this forum would be wetting your shorts and screaming about being buzzed!!! I was also thinking that the alternative... to "take the lane" would also have worked. I could have held those three and any more that came up behind them, for as long as I needed to get to the next turnout. Thing is... I ride that road every day. Twice a day. A good many of those cars that pass are repeat customers. I don't know which ones, but I have to assume lots. LOTS! So... do I make a reputation for myself as a road hog (although legally empowered to do so) or do I make a reputation for myself as a stand up guy who lets other guys with cars get on with their day. Easy choice for me, others... not so much.

H