StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Originally Posted by Peiper1
"1200 grams for a CF frame these days is a boat anchor. I stand by my opinion that I don't get $5900 for dated technology for a heavy frame."

I fully expect that my new C59 will weight at least 1 lb. more than my Madone 5.2, but who cares? What's important here is that it's a Colnago. I guess I'll have a good dilemma come next year, ride a really great bike one day (Madone 5.2), then ride an even greater bike the next day (C59).

"Thus the case for the C59 appears to come down to things like name, looks, italian heritage."

You are 100% correct. Same rationale applies to Ferraris. Or do you really believe people buy those because they are great value? The thing is, I fully expect that I will never come even close to getting the maximum out of the Colnago's capabilities, but I will look and feel might good on it .... and my wife will look even better on hers .
This is a very objective and honest assessment. There's nothing wrong about making a buying decision on name and heritage. Most of the Colnago owners I know have one today because they are the bike they dreamed of years ago when they didn't have the money.