Old 08-12-13, 07:55 PM
donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think N+1+1 is just about right... unless you MTB in which case you need N+1+1+1

road bike for faster group road rides, a cruiser for those slower "enjoy the scenery and your company" (I steal my wife's electra townie when I ride with my kids... it's slow which is perfect when riding with my 8 and 10 y/o though the neighborhood or the bike paths... a comfy touring bike for exploring and a MTB for trail riding...

that being said... keep riding... when you get a chance to ride a road bike do so and see how you like it, until then get some bar for some more hand positions... I LOVED my cane creek ergo II bar ends on my MTB, you might even look into some of the options ERGON has with the integrated bar ends and ergo grips.

I personally love "alt" bars... lots of sweep keeps my hands comfy and I can move up and down into the bar for a more or less upright seating position... they can put your hands into a much more comfy position vs a flat bar and give you a few more grip options.

been using these for a while now

I ran these type as well (on one mary, although mine was a knock off) I used them on my commuter bike with both gripshift and sram triggers, the grip location was comfortable and great for standing and mashing but I could slide forward into the crook of the bar when I wanted to get low.