Old 08-13-13, 11:59 AM
kmv2

Bikes: Bianchi circa late 1980s, Surly Cross Check, Kona Blast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terrya
You guys have me rolling right now! First of all, you act as if I knew a lot about what was going on to begin with, which I didn't. I gave someone the Miyata if they took the crank off and put it on the Allez. Of course knowing what I know now, that was about as stupid as stupid gets! The only reason I got the Allez Sport was pure price related! The guy said the bike has been sitting in his garage for the last 2 years and he wanted to get rid of it. It looked as if the bike wasn't even ridden, and the price was just too good to pass up! The warped crank arm started everything in motion. I remember how it was when the spindle broke on the Miyata and I panicked!

Just in the few days since I've purchased the tools and spoke to the mechanic at my LBS, I feel very good about the future. The bike wasn't fancy at all, it just looked new and I wanted it (it was cheap)! You'll see...I will post more because I will know more and will be more curious about stuff.

Don't knock my ignorance. I've looked through this site on many occasions, but not really knowing what the hell I was looking for or looking at; I just knew I loved being here. Now that I'm actually loving the sport, it feels great! Do I feel like I was taken advantage of...maybe not, I wanted what they were selling anyway. As a hands on person, I will definitely start doing most of the stuff myself if not all. With that being said...I'm thankful for my LBS!
The ignorance is pretty astounding.
Most people will drop up to $100 on a tank of gas, yet a $100 bike part that's going to last years is somehow an outrage?
The bike is not a car, so stop comparing it to one..