ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
SJBC Tuesday Night Twilight Crit series, A group.

WIN.

!!!!! finally, a win this season - even if it's a unofficial crit with no cat 1's, I'll take it.

The big dogs (for this race) were mostly there, including mister 56x11 TT-champ guy, and some new TT-champ guy I was told to watch out for. Good thing this wasn't a TT.

It was windy on the backstretch, tailwind on the home stretch. Finish was halfway up the ~30s climb this time around, a finish that suited me. Went with all the right moves, and made sure not to do too much work in them since I was ok with it coming back for a field sprint.

With three laps to go, a group of 8 of us got away, and stayed away. With half-lap to go, guys are looking around, begin cat-n-mouse games. Love those games!

On the final straight (about 400m to the line), I'm 4th wheel, feeling antsy. I do a fake-jump to the left, about 80%, hopefully to trick someone into really going and towing me to the line. Instead they just attach to my wheel. Without about 200m to go, I'm leading out our sprint and nobody's coming around so I shrug and just go for it.

Held them off, won by a few bike lengths!
Legit!! Good job dude!