View Single Post
Old 08-16-13, 07:07 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,760 Times in 634 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
Sugino Mighty Competition has been hot though maybe the fixie crowd confuses the vintage ones with the current NJS keirin version. But Mighty Tour is just a nice 80s forged crankset copied from Campy. Not particularly rare either. I have one and would like another but at that price I'd buy campy. Maybe two.
+1 I think the fixie crowd looking for nice vintage cranks that are suitable for FG/SS conversions have driven the prices up some. Also as said vintage and newer there may be some confusion between the track, BMX and road versions of the Sugino competion cranks very similar in look. Most of the really high prices have been for the vintage track version of this crank while I have also seen some pretty insane prices for the vintage BMX ones in choice colors like Red and Blue.