Old 08-21-13, 01:38 PM
Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi All,
I ride because I've always loved riding. I've had 3 eras of riding: as a teen on a Schwinn Traveler, in the 90's commuted a few years on the Erie Canal on a Trek 1770, and now in the teens.

I've been a clyde since I was 20. Clyde by act of God as they say, but now a Pachy by act of Pizza, Beer, and long hours in a Desk job.

I'm 6' (5' 11 1/2' after squat or deadlift days) currently 265. I lift heavy, but do not compete. Deadlift 550 for double, Free Squat 550 for double before I quit this summer after it was found I blew c5-6 disc, likely very old injury. Hammer Strength squat a single at 819. I can't bench due to slap tear, but I can decline and incline. Decline Bench 5x5x450, same with rows... Military press maxed at 335, but I'm laying off to let shoulder issue fade.

Bought a love at first sight Fuji Tourer in 2007 put a couple thousand miles on but had issues related to my weight. Broken spokes, tearing rear wheel free and into chain stay if I pedaled with any real torque, braking on hills w/pack and etc. So used it as a donor cycle and built up a Disc LHT this year and am loving it.

I set a soft target of 100+ miles a week this summer and hit it 5 times, missed it as many... Trying to commute 1 day a week at 23 miles each way.

Last year my SO and I road the Erie canal and it was a BLAST! She's one hell of a climber! Fortunately she's also charitable!