Old 08-23-13, 04:29 PM
Jseis 
Other Worldly Member

Bikes: 1973 Motobecane Grand Jubilee, 1981 Centurion Super LeMans, 2010 Gary Fisher Wahoo, 2003 Colnago Dream Lux, 2014 Giant Defy 1, 2015 Framed Bikes Minnesota 3.0, several older family Treks

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 53 Posts
Back in the day...Car and Driver would super tune a car to see what it would really do. They'd mess with timing, distributor springs, carb jetting, etc, and then measure rear wheel HP gains. I view fitting as similar and the future will probably be even more interesting. A convergence of biomedical engineering and athletic performance gets you to motion, energy and that means power. Imagine a cyclist being asked to stretch, warm at certain Vo2 or change position or do X and then the analysis reveals where the gains are. I'd be really surprised if this wasn't already happening because if winning is a game of inches..it's also a game of a few watts on the other guy. Why else would Froome go OSymetric? (and what would a fitter say about that!?) This will never eliminate the head and heart (aka Jens) but it is aperformance enhancement of a different sort. I'm basically a C&V kinda of cyclist but as a closet gear head..I love the tech and that + human performance evolution continues unabated.

Last edited by Jseis; 08-23-13 at 04:38 PM.