View Single Post
Old 08-27-13, 05:53 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked 771 Times in 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
OldTryGuy...what is your aerobar of choice? I have been trading some emails with Profile Design lately. I have particular interest in their model with flip up pads such that the top of the drop bar can still be used when not down in the aero position...also promotes clearance for out of the saddle pedaling.
Do you change your road bike position...move the saddle forward when you mount an aero bar on a road bike?
Thanks.
On my Giant Propel I have the Airstryke with the pads taped down. I rode for a long time without the pads taped and liked having the availability of top bar grip but after getting the Propel I found that the pop-up feature just wasn't needed. On my grocery grabber with 6" rise bars I have the T1+. Going out for a club ride momentarily and I am sure they will be fine. My choice for these bars was predicated by the fact that I have bone spurs in wrist limiting angular motion and a right shoulder that needs replacement so the position these bars provide feels more comfortable.

My saddle is where it belongs for fit and I just shift the butt when riding. When getting down and dirty I will shift forward and will be riding the nose of the saddle with more pushing back on pedal stroke.