Old 08-28-13, 11:06 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Winfried
Alternatively, I was wondering if there were light, well-equiped bikes (3x8 speeds, rear-rack, mudguard) that would be about as easy to climb that hill in business clothes but have the avantage of being usable to get out of the city.
Yes! The short answer is, yes, absolutely. An e-bike with the bike part of it of equivalent quality to the Steven's you linked will be unaffordable. Unfortunately I know nothing of what brands might be popular in Europe. To say nothing of what might be available by French makers. Something like a top of the line Specialized Sirrus, even if it didn't come stock with fenders and a rack would be an absolute breeze to fit out that way. Friends don't let friends buy e-bikes. Not yet anyway. I love the concept. But the batteries have a long way to go before they are practical. In the meantime, a 28 x 34 granny gear will get your friend up that hill with just a little bit of huff on her part. Since she is climbing the hill on the homeward bound leg, she can even push it and sweat a little.

H