Old 08-28-13, 04:36 PM
Chaco

Bikes: Scott CR1 Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Hills and mountains aren't friendly either...if the receiver is around the bend of the mountain, the reception will be bad as well. The Pro Challenge isn't as bad as some that I've seen.
Originally Posted by PhotoJoe
But, like I said, cool stuff is coming....and quickly. The Nick Wallenda tightrope walks used some very small cameras and a new "smaller" transmitter, however, batteries were the same old stuff.
I just quoted you guys in hopes you might be able to answer a follow-up question. I've been watching the Vuelta, and though it's low-res, there's absolutely no pixellation or breakup at all. So my two question are: 1) Is the difference that hi-res requires so much more bandwidth to transmit that it's prone to problems? Or is it something else?
2) IMO, the Vuelta coverage, even though not hi-res, is MUCH more satisfying than the Pro Challenge coverage was. What good is it to have hi-res if you can hardly ever see the picture? The broadcasters must be aware of this. So do they do it just to brag about "hi res coverage"? Or do you think they thought things would go OK this year, even though it was a disaster last year?