MaryRoseMaguire

Bikes: Fuji Absolute 3.0 LE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChuckD6421
I know the Resistance you speak of.
Another kind of Resistance is climbing hills.
And Persistence at both makes you stronger (but I bet you knew that).

Thanks for your contributions Mary and well done on your persistence.
Thank you! I know you're right about Persistence. I watched "Rocky" again and thought about his comment: "All I wanna do is go the distance." That is exactly how I feel about cycling and getting back in shape.

Originally Posted by 2 wheeler
Welcome.

No. 1 rule: have fun riding your bike. As long as you have fun, you'll succeed!!
I absolutely have fun! Other than dancing (which I can't get my husband to join me in doing for the life of me...), cycling is my second most favorite type of exercise. It's a beautiful combination of physical exertion while enjoying the outdoors.

Originally Posted by Rollinrock
I agree with Chuck and 2 wheeler. One other thing. A Fuji Absolute? Wow! Happy birthday indeed! You will love it. You said you felt like you were flying down the road? Thats because you ARE flying down the road. I ride a mtb just to change thing up but I wouldn't take anything for my roadie.
Yeah, I loved my Giant Yukon. And after I experienced the flat tire, I realized I can't go bouncing off stray twigs and rocks the way I used to. I'm just very glad I'm married to a bicycle man who knows how to change a tire. (I'm going to learn, too, just in case!)

Originally Posted by Lacumo
The transition from a resistant clunker to an efficient bike is always a delightful revelation. Enjoy it!

I regularly ride all my bikes--- a ti Serrotta, a $225 dept store hardtail MTB and a Salsa Fargo. The MTB is mostly for winter and bad weather, the Fargo is for fully loaded touring and the Serrotta is for distance/training/pleasure, but I also log miles on the MTB and Fargo just to maintain perspective and keep my appreciation of the Serrotta alive. After a week on the Fargo, the Serrotta feels like I got off of a Greyhound bus and into a Ferrari.
Lacumo, this is soooo true. I couldn't believe the difference in speed. Before, the MTB was giving me a lot of resistance but heck, it was heavier, with knobby tires and a smaller wheel ratio. You're blessed to have a Serrotta! I read about the company and felt sad. Hopefully the founder will get his name back and make bikes again. I'm looking at those $1K and above bikes and thinking, "No way will I ever get one of those..." but you never know.

I've asked my husband about what makes a bike so expensive and he said different things like the frame and the components. The shifter on the Fuji feels great to me, but maybe I will upgrade to a better one someday. At this point, I'm just happy to have a bike that isn't holding me back, anymore!