Old 09-01-13, 01:54 PM
BunkmastaB
Bike Newb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Total Bike Newb Looking to upgrade my riding experience on a budget

Hey guys, as it says in the title, I'm a super new rider looking to upgrade my biking experience. I only just started to ride this year, and my bike is now my primary means of transportation. I do mostly city riding, but also do some light trail riding (no racing) and was told by someone who knew a lot more about bikes than me that a Cyclocross bike might be good for me. Currently, I ride a 17.5" Trek 7.2 hybrid . . . and I'm 6'6. Ouch.

I've tried out a 61cm Specialized TriCross Sport and really liked it. Price was $1200 new, (as a new rider, I don't feel confident enough in my bike knowledge to try out the Craigslist scene, so I'm looking strictly at bike shops) and ideally I'd be spending under $1000, but would be willing to do so for the right bike. I've also been recommended the Trek Crossrip line, and have heard good things about the Kona Jake and felt Z100. Can someone with more experience in these sorts of matters advise me if I'm on the right track with these Cyclocross style bikes or if I should be looking elsewhere?