View Single Post
Old 09-03-13, 10:53 AM
mstraus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sirrus Rider
What I'm wondering is how closely does the new AWOL matches up to the Sirrus. Studying the pics the AWOL geometry and fitment looks awfully close to my Sirrus Drop Bar Conversion but with disc brakes..
I didn't compare the geometry closely, but I did test ride a Sirrus, a Secteur elite disc, and a Tricross elite steel disc. I think the Secteur is already a lot like a Sirrus with drop bars, not quite as upright a riding position but closer then more road bikes. Tricross was very similar as well in riding position, but felt totally different since I rode the steel version - really ate up all the vibration and bumps from the rough path I tested them on. Gave me a new appreciation for steel bikes on rough surfaces. The tricross in steel did feel heavier and less nimble then the Secteur, but not to the point it felt slow or clunky. I assume this is as the steel is a little less responsive and heavier. Like going from a car to a SUV.

Will let you know if I ever get to ride the AWOL how that compares. If anyone else gets to test one, would love to hear that too!