tgreene

Bikes: Litespeed road, Bridgestone road, Bontrager (real one) foo road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Scaliboy62 and chas58,

Good points too.

I agree re. the price of the Specialized Turbo - it is too high for the mass market. That said, it is one of the more popular e-bikes I have seen in local shops and it is starting to show up in numbers on local roads (just like the Tesla Model S car here).

The Turbo is not for me - it does not ride enough like a regular road bike. It is too heavy, has poor road feel (tires too fat?), and the battery is too puny (and expensive at $750). The only thing I really like it is that its battery has a mount for a water bottle cage...

I rode a BH Neo race yesterday and was very impressed - felt much more like a road bike than the Specialized Turbo, it weighs less, and goes as fast. It felt a lot like a Trek touring bike I have that I ride in the winter but of course much peppier when power is applied. It was nearly as nimble as that 25 lb Trek in handling - much better than a loaded touring bike because the weight is distributed well and does not shift around at all.

The BH costs half as much as the Trek too! They are also introducing 11.6A-h batteries - I'd like to get one of those.