Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by slickrcbd
I can't go long hours of riding. Currently I'm huffing and puffing too much after only half an hour. I was actually asking the best way to work myself up to long hours.
The main question was, do I do short hops and rest frequently to add up to a long trip, or do I go as far as I can in one go and head back so I'm completely exhausted?

As much as I'd like to, I can't go 5 miles in one go either. I don't think I've gone that far in over 10 years.
I'm trying to work my way back up to it.

So again, short I go a short distance until I feel a little tired and strained, rest and get a second wind, and repeat a few times until I get a longer trip, or should I just go until I've done all I can do and start heading to the nearest place I can sit and rest, then head home as best I can exhausted?
That one ... "go a short distance until I feel a little tired and strained, rest and get a second wind, and repeat a few times until I get a longer trip"

Only, each time you go out, go a little bit further on your short distances, even if it is just to the next tree.