Old 09-07-13, 10:14 AM
Medic Zero

Bikes: Old steel GT's, for touring and commuting

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
Thanks for the tips, guys. Metzkers doesn`t carry the specific maps I was looking for, but have others that will likely work- will find out when I get there. EB Bikes has no maps. I emailed a few more bike shops to ask, but I`m starting to doubt I`ll find the King County map anywhere, and maybe the PT Bikes map only in PT.

Medic, though there sure are a lot turns in that route for me, I appreciate your taking the time to type it all out. The Mukilteo Speedway is a racetrack? Just curious- it sounds kind of fun if that`s true and there`s actually a way to jump on and incorporate it into a ride. Have fun if you do that.

I`m packing now and stuck on whether or not to carry a lock. I generally don`t when I tour, but have a few short stops in Seattle before I hit the road. Now I`m thinking I should just leave my bike in the locker at the hostel and walk/bus myself around the city since the bike is a folder with no good way to lock it up (no trianlges in the frame). Comments on that one?
You definitely don't want to leave it downtown not locked up!

Mukilteo Speedway is a busy arterial street. It might technically be a highway as well, I can't remember.

I have a cue sheet holder on my handlebars and just follow the turn-by-turns that way.

IIRC, Google suggests a MUCH more straight-forward route over to the Interurban Trail and then south along it.

RE: the bolded, no problem at all! I needed to transcribe it for our trip back from the ferry to home in a couple of weeks anyway!