Issaquatch
Training

Bikes: 2015 Focus Mares CX, 2008 Cannondale Supersix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Routes around Highway 101, 113 and 112 on the Olympic Peninsula

I'm planning on riding up Hurricane Ridge this coming Saturday and then doing a long ride in the vicinity of Port Angeles. Does anyone have information on the following:

1. Is the stretch of Little River Rd from Hurricane Ridge Rd to Black Diamond Rd paved? I found a map online that suggests it is a gravel road, but I see several people on Strava who appear to have ridden that stretch on road bikes.

2. Has anyone ridden up to the Olympic Hot Springs? What were the road conditions, traffic conditions and scenery like?

3. Anyone have experience riding around the south end of Lake Crescent? I see several resources online that suggests this route is very sketchy because of narrow lanes, no shoulders and limited sight lines. I've driven it before and thought it would be manageable on a bike, but would be interested in others actual experiences.

4. Anyone ridden out along Highway 101 to Beaver, along Highway 113 toward Clallam Bay, or along Highway 112 from Clallam back to Port Angeles? I've done this in a car and it seemed like it could make for some nice riding, but I do wonder whether it would be too sketchy with logging trucks, high speed traffic and limited shoulders.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!