WebFootFreak

Bikes: Modified Denali

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by clarkbre
Rick,
1. For the time being, try different tires on your MTB. You might be pleasantly surprised how smooth and fun that bike becomes with some 26x1.5 slick tires.
I thought of this last night. I don't know why I didn't consider this before since I know what a Hybrid is. *facepalm* and actually the heavier mountian frame will make me work harder for speed...

2. I 2nd Sammyj on using the www.myfitnesspal.com and phone application recommendation. While you are taking the right steps to a healthier lifestyle, your body will only be as good as what and how much you put in it. Tracking calories is not always fun but it does lay out realistic values and results. By tracking your daily caloric intake and exercise, you should easily be able to lose a pound or two on a weekly basis.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it seems that by drinking more water, cutting out caffeine and adding exercise, you might be skirting around the issue of what and how much you are eating. In all honesty, the caffeine (as in black coffee) will be better for you (kick start your metabolism) than the sugars in caffeine free soda or juice. I am just giving you some observations from my experience with trying to lose weight.
I will definitely look into the phone app side of things. The only full PC I have access to is here at work, and I'm not supposed to be doing what I am doing at this precise moment. You are not coming off as a jerk, you are only attempting to pass off what you have learned over time, and what I am now rediscovering. There is a reason I killed off caffeine, the soft drinks just happened to go along for the ride. I am one of those weird people that will go to sleep on caffeine. Give me a 5 hour energy, and I am snoring like a baby in 5 minutes, lol! I went in for day surgery, and I was given Valium to make me relax... nope! I was bouncing off the walls and freaking out. We were a fast food family. When I cooked it was generally mac-n-cheese, helpers, etc... Now that we've forced fruits and veg into our diest, I've noticed that we are making better decisions in our shopping, and I actually have a menu planned out. Between last week and this week we've eaten out once, and that was because we got caught away from home later than expected. I'm also cooking real food, and not boxed food. For example, tonight is Spaghetti night. Not the healthiest, I know. but we're using whole wheat pasta, I made the sauce myself this weekend and there's salad that must be finished first. baby steps, but good ones

PS- If you ever come back to Bothell, I would be happy to ride the Sammamish trail with ya.
I'll take you up on that. I used to ride from 228th St (Nike Hill between Canyon Park and my house) to the Jack in the Box in Kenmore for work.