View Single Post
Old 09-09-13, 12:55 PM
Jimbosays
Let's Ride!

Bikes: Giant Suede (Comfort cruiser - "The Rocking Chair"); Giant Escape 2 (700mm Hybrid - "The S.U.V."); Specialized Secteur Elite (Road Bike - "The Scooter"); Surly Troll (Touring Bike - "Load Up & Go Anywhere")

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Unfortunately, my LBS took the money and ran (twice) without remedying the issue (or even acknowledging such before I left their shop with the bike each time) . . . Which turned out to be bad roller bearings in the right-side pedal. New pedals have arrived from Amazon and everything is quiet & smooth once again!

I don't know why I even returned there after the manner I was generally treated (or rather ignored as the only shopping customer in the store) during the early days of my bike shopping in the winter of 2012. Yeah, I am big man, but also a big man WITH cash who was ready to spend it on a bike (and have purchased two since then!) Never mind the shop is a mile from home, I'll never return for any purchases or service.

Obviously these statements are a personal opinion, but should you care the know, the shop is:

Bike Works Metrowest (Orlando, FL)
2445 S Hiawassee Rd.
Orlando, FL 32835