Old 09-09-13, 08:36 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandera
Sorry, get Inside for the apex.
Wrecks slide Out not In. Don't be a 9 pin.

Go into corners wide carrying speed and come in/out tight on the apex exiting wide with the speed carried through the turn.
When the inevitable wreck happens on the apex tightening a line on the inside allows slipping under while those outside have no maneuvering options.

-Bandera
Sorry, I should have been more descriptive with that. Your advice is far better. I was implying that as a noob, being on the outside of a turn, following the pack, will allow you to watch what others are doing through the turn and allow you to hit the brakes and take the turn slower if your comfort level drops...as opposed to being on the inside where there might not be the option of slowing down.

Perhaps I should just shut up and not give advice since I'm no expert and still learning myself. I just find that its easier for me and my comfort level to be near the outside/back of the pack so I can slow down through a turn if I need to. Right now I'm trying to work on my comfort levels on the inside/front but there are times when the speed is just too much and that feeling of the rear tire slipping starts popping up in my head.