Old 09-10-13, 11:15 AM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
I'm an editor and writer, normally I get paid for this kind of advice, but you have a Ridley so I'll give you a freebie.

If your blog is there to let your mom know what you're doing day to day in somewhat minute detail, and write merely to work on your structural skills, you've succeeded and read no further.

If you're looking to entertain and engage folks outside of that circle read your entries and ask yourself "if I stumbled onto this blog, would I want to keep reading?"

There are small nuggets that can be turned into gold. Your job is to pan for them. And in the age of Twitter and FB, less words. Actually that worked well for Hemmingway too.

I could think of several ways to riff off of the lack of air conditioning. And getting chastised for drinking Gatorade on a stationary bike.

I did not feel any emotional tug when I read about the new shade of pink on whatever it was, especially because there was no picture of the thing you barely described. Photo content should reflect the subject matter...be creative and have a bunch of people huddle around the one air conditioner. Start an online petition for leagalizing marijuana and getting a goddamn air conditioner in your room (put the air conditioner request in small print).

The only thing that's OK to post photos of that's not content oriented is hot college girls, preferably having pillow fights in various stages of undress.