Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
That salt issue is a bummer, since it's so ubiquitous. A saying goes "If someone else prepared it for you there's too much salt in it."

How do you react to potassium chloride? For me it tastes just as good as salt.

Do you have problems with steak?
I have never been able to eat alot of red meat... I love steak and eat it only on special occasions and in small amounts. It will cause some issues but not bad. Is potassium chloride different than salt - I thought they were the same. for me its a taste thing... the salt gags me - also it burns my tongue. I didn't have this issue several years ago, it developed recently within the last 3 - 4 years.

I admit I have always had some problems - for instance food allergies to garlic and onion, lactose intolerant, but could always eat other stuff. Now for instance, I can't do stir fry because even low sodium soy is too salty and the oil on meat gags me. Going out to dinner use to be a real pleasure but now i stress out about getting sick and its like Dverfox says... immediately into the bathroom stuff - I never know what effects me (although I know if I have anything with cream in it - I am going to be sick - I have learned to eat salads without dressing and potatoes without any fixings).

Guess I am just getting to be an old fuddy duddy... can't eat out; can't eat at home... so why am I still so fat? You would think I would be trim but yes unfortunately I can eat dark chocolate without probems (also hard cheese and premium ice creanm - go figure!).

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.