Old 09-12-13, 09:28 AM
waitforme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the sci guy
Nice!
Well, we probably won't be living out this way forever. Coming from out of state, we just wanted to find a place close to my wife's work. I don't have a job yet, so that will determine ultimate future resident area as well. I'd like to move more towards downtown not only for biking, but for the "stuff" - restaurants, stuff to do, farmers markets, city type culture stuff. I do like that Terry Hershey Park is right around the corner for a good 20 mile round trip. Road riding out here is near suicidal. I don't MTB currently, but am hoping to get my old 90's Trek hardtail down here from my parents place in NY to try some riding on the Anthills or Memorial. I'm new at it so we'll see what happens eventually.

Glad to hear that West End is the place to be. I really liked it there.

CAn anyone tell me if I-10/Katy Fwy is a toll road? Google Maps directions says it's not, but just looking at the road and the regular maps it says it is. Is part of it toll and other not?
Ride on the city surface streets is no fun, for a better experience get out to Fulshear and the surrounding areas, lots of relatively quiet country roads and lots of cyclists. Many of the bike shops on the West side have organized rides out there. The MUP's in THP are intended for families, kids etc. not roadies screaming along at 20+ mph p*ssing everyone off and giving cyclists a bad name.

Just my 2 cents...