Old 09-12-13, 10:46 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by katsrevenge
Neat. I did not know that. Looks pretty cool too.

I've actually made a number of tool rolls. Very useful things!

I hope to enjoy it!
There is a lot good information you have received already. However if you have never tried a Brooks be informed that not everyone has a Brooks Bottom. There is a reason they see so many other saddles and there is that is the reason for much of the success of Selle An-atomica and why Brooks had to come out with the Imperial. But if you are having trouble with a 5 mile commute more than likely a Brooks isn't the solution. You need to develop a cycling bottom, bum, tail end. If you are looking for instant comfort for five miles a softer padded saddle would work fine. They aren't much good for long rides but it takes more than 5 miles for one to become uncomfortable.

Placing your faith in Brooks may or may not be a wise move in case you discover, like I did and many others they don't work for everyone. Dropping a $100.00 for a paper weight made of leather can be hard to explain to your check book. Yes if it works it would be worth it but that is still a gamble.

If you are just looking for the look here is a boatload of them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?...qid=1379003434

and for a five mile commute and the look you are talking about specifically look at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Singleworks-Ci...er+bike+saddle

Brooks would be in my top 10 saddles but for me it is down the list a bit maybe number four or five. The Selle An-atomica would be a step up with the Brooks imperial a bit lower. I prefer saddles that don't have a break in period. The key to getting a saddle you like is to try before you buy. Because no matter what the rest of us ride or how much we love our saddle it doesn't mean a thing if you sit on it and it feels like a hatchet. And it doesn't help when someone else tells you that you simply have to break it in differently, put oil on it, microwave the thing or get a voodoo princess the cast a spell on it if it is a hatchet after a few weeks it will always be a hatchet, you just will have gotten used to riding a hatchet.