View Single Post
Old 09-13-13, 01:43 PM
GreatWhiteShark

Location: Because of Internet lack of security only give USA, here; want more simply ask, through messaging.

Bikes: I think I just found out (happy to finally be able to find out) that my bicycle is Raleigh's '2007 Venture 3.0 SR NEX-4000!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been Truck Light (drive it so little it is a struggle to keep it functioning; rarely not Automobile Pooling with relatives, just to get somewhere at night or move a heck of a lot of stuff and weight, avg. 50-lbs a ride) for at least 5-years, but I really did mark when it started. Well, the biggest view the changed is my support for bicyclist riders safety, as I have had BLANKING BLANKS threaten and attempted to injure my health and bicycle and had drivers that are so ignorant or tired that they have threaten and attempted to injure my health and bicycle and had a zoned out/tired immigrant worker's (I am guessing) truck actually run over my bike tire. I have had someone steal my first adult bicycle, from local college's bicycle rack and locked; since local college's security/police have paid more attention. When I first started riding to local college, even had to have/LUCKY ENOUGH to have police park every few intersections on my route to pull over automobiles that endangered my life, they used to play chicken with me. Now, I cannot get any police to take anything serious, I live in an unincorporated area that really is an outlaw area and both local city and county have extremely complicated jurisdiction, depending upon what it is and where you are exactly. Plus, I am a Beings Rights Protester that protests the local city's rodeo; which I get city and state cops threats all the time for and thus, does not make me popular with them. Even had to report two-situations, police car for scaring THE BLANK out of me, by driving up behind me and laying on the horn, for no reason, and police park motorcycles on public sidewalks (I am allowed to ride on and many other pedestrians like to use). both the city's and county's reporting to non-emergency police departments' representatives always trying make it hard for me to call; though I know the laws and have what the police use. A runner refuse to move to the right side of the two way/two lanes roads, right up until we are feet away. Given the conditioning needed for people to respect what you need and the dangers of not following exactly the routines and laws (even parking on roads and sidewalks), only back down, when immediate threats to my life.

Another view that has changed is the appreciation that riding my bicycle provides me.

Lastly, it slowed my down as a person, and guess slowed me down as I bicycle, ride the public transportation and rarely drive where I live, though because of cost of gas and tickets (I have long hair so cops used to love pulling me over) I slowed down my driving long ago.

I also should make known that I did not just start bicycle riding more, let alone Truck Light, because it was cheaper, heck not even top reason, but I did it because it helps 1st. Save The Earth, 2nd. Save The Animals, 3rd. healthier Lifestyle in so many ways, 4th. Cheaper and 5th. Easier for me to support local and small business Bicycle Mechanic and friend, at least it was before bank took his home/work place. I guess now, I will try to be my own Bicycle Mechanic.

I think the terms should use 'Automobile', gives less excuses, for truck and bicycle drivers.

Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 10-21-13 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added I think the terms should use 'Automobile', gives less excuses, for truck and bicycle drivers.