View Single Post
Old 09-17-13, 01:05 PM
misterwaterfall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak
Well I am out of Oakland, and probably calling it end of season. Crashed on my bike this morning. Was practicing sprinting and I think chain dropped from front chainring. Lost the front and went sliding on my hip and arm at 30mph. Tons of road rash, back wheel has a snapped spoke, but most importantly I don't have a faith in my bike now. Its a new chainring. Still Dura Ace but newer one. I don't know why the chain dropped, everything looked well adjusted. Just don't want to have that at the back of my mind as I am going for a finish line all out. Will bring it to outfitters see what they say, and see if back wheel is salvageable.
Bent tooth somehow? I've seen that where a tooth is slightly bent towards the outside causing the chain to kind of roll off of the chain ring. It usually won't happen under steady small efforts, but violent tough bursts will throw it off. Does the chain shift around on the chain ring at all? Put it on a stand and peddle forward slowly to see if it does, or if there's a point where it kind of snaps back into place