Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by songfta
It's a valid question, Chris, as Pedalers rides tend to err on the side of "we will melt if it rains!" in terms of canceling normal, scheduled, free rides.

But for the BRC, it rolls regardless - save for the aforementioned hurricane, or a derecho, or a tornado, et al. The course isn't one that is overly technical - two crossings of train tracks (before and after the White Post Restorations rest stop that aren't in the middle of turns, luckily), but otherwise no tight turns on downhills. As long as you take it easy, no biggie.

Only one paid century ride I've ever done has been rescheduled: the Civil War Century, about 3 or 4 years ago, due to a passing hurricane.
Lol
Originally Posted by songfta
And FYI: if your bike lacks fenders, if you have clip-ons, use 'em if it rains at the BRC. At a social ride, it's a nice gesture, and it'll keep your posterior more dry, and keep some of the road grit from getting into the BB and chain.
No fenders, or clip-ons. But them keeping my backside dry makes sense. But aren't you referring to a chainguard like on a cruiser? My bike is a racing bike.