View Single Post
Old 09-18-13, 11:57 AM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by guzziee
1 hour away from the Oklahoma border in North Dallas, if you can make the drive you can have this high sierra frame and fork for free(just got the frame and fork left, rest is gone). lmk.

Looks familiar...

The American made frames with the fillet brazing from the mid to late 80's are great, not too aggressive, but nice quality that goes well with the rich history! I built this one with spare parts for my wife to take to the farmers' market. I robbed the Suntour Roller Cam brakes for a different build, so I swapped the fork to run canti brakes and opted for a u-brake in the rear. Anyone stupid enough to steal this "bumblebee" grocery getter with that giant basket and rack on the back is going to stand out... then I'm going to run them over with my truck for being a scumbag!!!

Along the same lines, the '88-'92 Aluminum Series Schwinn road bikes, the ones licensed from Gary Klein (who personally taught the handful of welders in the new Greenville, Mississippi facility) using the oversized aluminum and featuring "Klein-weld" construction are great! I'm a proud original owner of a 1989 Schwinn974.

-D-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
88HighSierraSide.jpg (105.4 KB, 182 views)
88HighSierraFront.jpg (103.3 KB, 164 views)
88HighSierraFillet.jpg (98.4 KB, 167 views)