Old 09-23-13, 03:57 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
If you want a comfortable ride, the answer is yes

I'm one of those people who consider a recumbent a Godsend. Were it not for riding a recumbent I probably would not be riding at all as it was too unconformable riding an upright any distance. Like many on this board, I made uninformed, bad choices with my first recumbent. I've owned and ridden both 2 and 3 wheeled recumbents and finally settled on primarily riding a trike because I didn't feature the idea of crashing and possibly ending up with a broken hip. Still, many 2 wheeled recumbent riders ride thousands of miles a year without incident. I have ridden my two wheelers many thousands of miles with a few crashes and no permanent damage. Recumbents are certainly no more dangerous than DF bikes. They are a heck of a lot more comfortable. Don't be too concerned if the bike is hard to ride at first. You are new to riding so ANY bike you ride is going to take more effort at first. It gets better. Believe me. See if you can find a used bike or trike that meets your needs for the first one. Then if you decide to move up or on, you will be able to recoup most of what you paid for the recumbent.

I will not tell you which one to try. That's as personal as choosing a wife and I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.