Old 09-23-13, 11:32 PM
AdrianFly
Twilight Requiem

Bikes: TrekFX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a Prodeco Outlaw SS because I wanted car-free scooter convenience at the same time pretending to be a bicycle..and not some dorky gas powered scooter. No problems after nearly 9 thousand lazy ass (pretending to pedal) miles. I'm the 1% that got lucky but apparently the other 99% who bought Prodeco bikes ended up with junk, got cursed out by the company, flamed in emails and bottom line.. ripped off. I didn't get a discount on the thing nor do I get any additional perks so I'm not going any further to promote that company. I'm not a fanboy and it's my first electric bike. Being I'm athletic, for the last 30 years I've owned cool nonelectric bikes ranging from Peugeot Px10's, Colnago's, USA Cannondales, Specialized to Chicago Shwinn's, Panasonics, Fuji's and big box store winter beaters and have done dozens of cycling related events and more than two dozen century rides and have lived car-free with a bicycle being my only mode of transportation. All Non-electric. I'm more of a cyclist then electrical engineer so I can't comment on any specific detailed "statistics" like those Hosers on Endless Sphere. From what I can see in relation to the current state of general public electric bicycling, everything burns out.. goes clunkety clunk.. or runs just fine for a million miles depending on what your dice land on when you roll them making a purchase.

Last I checked the stickers on the bikes at my local Trek dealership in regards to where the freaking bikes were made, anything $1500 and under was "Made In China".

This is at a real down home "BIKE SHOP". Brand Name TREK's..non electric made in China! (Chinese Junk as some have stated)

Why should you pay more for a Stromer? You shouldn't... you should pay less. Buy one at discount if you want one.. but by all means.. do not pay more!