View Single Post
Old 09-24-13, 01:57 PM
Jandro 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mattm
I never see caps under helmets in the 1/2's.

Or beards for that matter..

Although Ben-Jacques Maynes(?) had a beard at Santa Cruz Crit I guess, so there is that. But when he was in the ToC the beard was gone.

Jandro, one day you will have to assimilate!!
Since my sunglasses options are limited (I wear my raybans on really sunny days) until I cough up the money for prescription oakleys, the cap really helps keep the sun outta my eyes. I have a pretty flexible neck (kwaki's gonna have a field day with that one) so seeing up the road, even hunched over the drops hasn't really been an issue. I sweat a lot, too, and the cap keeps it out of my eyes.

Beard is staying. I think my gf would cry if I shaved it.

wktmeow: I was second wheel coming out of a really tight right hand turn, tried to yell at the dude in front of me to punch it but he wasn't interested. I jumped around him at ~700-750w, but I think the hesitation let others sprint out of the corner and latch onto my wheel. A couple corners later, that photo was taken and you can see the 6-7 guys that made the connection with the rest of the bunch not far behind. Looking at my data, I'm grinding up that little hill at about 550-600w and the pointy end of the chase caught up 2 turns later. That's when I looked back and eased up.

tl;dr, I hesitated and probably didn't jump hard enough, which gave enough people time to react. Moral: I need to commit more and time it better.