These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 Goals (Bolded = Actuality):

- Upgrade to Cat 2 Done.
- Top 5 in a Crit No. Lol. Only did 1 crit the whole year.
- Podium a RR Done.
- Get to at least one Stage Race and do well (Not an Omnium like they prefer here in the SE, ugh) No. Didn't make a stage race, only omniums.
- Get more comfortable and fine tune aero positon on the TT bike. No. Barely rode the TT bike.
- Win a TT No. Only did 2 TTs all year.
- Make the trip and finish Battenkill Done. Finished in lead group of cat2s, top 25.
- Make the trip and finish the Everest Challenge No. Was already burning out.
- Ride the mountain bike some, maybe do a few races, don't die No. Sold the mountain bike, kept crashing too much. Focused on road season.
- Get that FTP up (4.3w/kg is not going to get me to Cat2, or at least allow me to survive as a Cat2 if I did cat up) Done. Dangled between 4.7-4.9w/kg FTP. Big improvements.
- Race with a team, and enjoy hanging out and racing Done.
- Don't wreck! Rubber side down! Done, no wrecks this year.

Had a really good year overall. Had some killer results and was flying in the spring. Burnt out a little, got injured, and had trouble battling back the rest of the year as I wasn't fully motivated. Had trouble finding goals and figuring out how to keep going after getting cat2. Been rebooting the mind and body the last couple weeks. Gonna have some more time off, then start building to 2014. I posted a blog on this with some more details, link can be found in my sig.

Last edited by Creatre; 10-02-13 at 02:28 PM.