View Single Post
Old 09-27-13, 05:43 PM
C0nejit09

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by likebike23
If it's too large, you may not want to invest too much in it. Truing the rear wheel might be the only thing I would pay a shop to do if I were new to bike mechanics. My local shop charged $10 last time I checked, which was a while ago. The front brake looks to have a quick release lever on the caliper from the pictures if I'm not mistaken. The little black lever sticking out from the front reflector in the picture is what I'm talking about. If that's the case, it may be in the open position. Try flipping the lever the other way, the rear brake can be your reference. Handlebar tape is cheap ~$12 at the LBS, so unless you are adding it to an order for a bunch of other stuff, it's not worth it to buy it online after you factor in shipping. If you are buying tires, which look to be dry rotted, then ordering tires and tape makes sense. I like niagaracycle.com for parts, they are slow to ship, but cheap. They also sell a wide range of parts from high end to basic repair parts, most online shops don't sell lower tier components. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your help ... A lot of useful information if I have any more questions is it ok if I message u