cplager
The Recumbent Quant

Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis, 2016 Folding CruziTandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AstroEng
Do the trail-a-bikes with seat post attachments fit well around bike racks? Or do I need to remove it to fit one?
Both of my trail-a-bikes fit my variety of bicycles without any interference with the rack. I've got both a trek trail-a-bike (6 speed) that I bought used and a WeeRide Co-Pilot that I just bought new. For kids that you are afraid are a little too young, you can buy a seat back with seatbelt, but neither of my kids needed it (my son turns 4 next month and he just started riding one last week; my daughter has been riding one for years).

I haven't had any problems balancing with either of these bikes. I also have an Adams Tandem Trail-a-bike and I find the hitch in those has more play than either of my other trail-a-bikes and was significantly harder to balance (the fact that Adams insists on putting on knobby tires doesn't help any here). If you are worried about balancing, you can try the WeeHoo Trailer, which has both a lower center of mass and can take kids as young as two.

With both a trailer and a trail-a-bike, I run a flag and have found that I get quite a bit more room than when riding by myself.