View Single Post
Old 10-01-13, 08:06 AM
Rich Gibson 

Bikes: Fuji Rubaix 1.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unlike so many of these skinny folks (or so they claim) I let my weight slip up from the low 190's in 1992 to around 220# when I retired. The turning point was having to buy 40" waist jeans two years ago. I got to 207" last year but stalled. This past spring I got serious and stalled again at 194#...then after 43 years off one I bought a bike. I just broke 180" this morning. I ride only for fitness and enjoyment; I have no desire to race anybody and being skinny is not in my plans either. I've read that is as risky as being overweight. For some reason I held onto my 36" waist trousers since the 1990s and can finally fit into them. Woo hoo! I plan on stabilizing between 175# and 180#. You get used to lugging around the extra weight. The other day I was moving some dumbells and hefting the two 15# weights it finally dawned on me what it was like on my body carrying them up and down the stairs each time. I'm much happier at this weight.

Sorry, I don't notice any difference afterwards when I eat the wrong foods. I'm an engineer by education and don't buy water detoxing; to me it's too non-specific and generalized pseudo science. I buy nutritional supplements (a limited few which my doctor confirms have efficacy) off the internet and then Google spams me with these ads for miracle stuff which 'improves liver function' whatever that is, and the like. Of course eating too much of the wrong stiuff put me where I was, but as far as feeling different after I eat a burger fries and a coke? Sorry.

Last edited by Rich Gibson; 10-01-13 at 08:12 AM.